i had the honor of readingPlan Bby pete wilson, a pastor in nashville. it was mailed to me freely to read & write a review, but i think it's safe to say that it was probably divinely meant for me to read. to say i recommend you read this book is an understatement. however i do recommend that you read with caution. it is filled with truth, good truth, but sometimes hard to accept for personalities like mine who would like logical, fair answers to why there is suffering or why we don't always get what we want.
Plan Bwill challenge and encourage you. There were moments throughout the pages that I wanted to throw the book across the room because though I realize the truth in our Plan B(s), I still wish they could be different. Pete Wilson offers hope to those of us who struggle with a sense of entitlement and desire for control by reminding us of the One who holds everything in His hands. As I try to juggle the fears of unfilled dreams and hope for what He still may do, I found great hope in Pete’s words: “Here is the deal when it comes to your shattered dreams and unmet expectations. When life doesn’t turn out the way you thought it was going to turn out, you may think you’re losing control. But the truth is, you never had control in the first place. The only thing you do control is how you respond to your disappointments and your unexpected obstacles…if you can leave the puppet strings in the hands of someone who actually knows what He is doing, you’ll have a lot better chance of surviving your shattered dreams” (Wilson, 2010, p.34-35). My illusion of control has shaped too much of the way I view the world; I am learning to live with my hands open, knowing that it’s ALL the Lord’s to give or to take and his name is blessed in both. It doesn’t make my Plan B easier necessarily, but it makes it purposeful and that is worth it.
buy it. read it. borrow it from me. i don't care just get your hands on a copy asap.
2 comments:
I enjoyed your review. I also had my fair share of moments where I wanted to throw the book across the room as well. :)
Your background is so cute. I love the stitching. So cute. :)
Post a Comment