Thursday, March 1, 2012

tucker, our mighty warrior

i am writing words that i never, ever dreamed i would have to write.
tucker went to be with Jesus on Tuesday, February 28th.

words fail and though Jesus' plan is so different than ours, we trust Him and we ache for the day we'll dance & laugh with tucker again.


being his lulu is the greatest joy and honor of my life.
i know people say being an aunt is the best thing, but i never dreamed of how much i could love him. nathan and amy are the greatest parents i know and though they now have to share their son's story with the world in completely different way than they want, tucker is changing the world. he is their greatest joy and is a gift to us all. tucker has changed us forever and redeemed so much that is broken within us.


tucker was my ring bearer this past friday night and that was the last time i hugged him and kissed him. he danced the night away and stole everyone's heart. but that's no surprise because whether we were at chick-fila or target, he just won over everyone.

nate and amy are grieving deeply. their devastation is deep but their faith is steady. they trusted Jesus with Tucker from the day they found out he was on the way and today they trust Him still.
we covet your prayers.
if you would like to give to amy or nathan please do so through the following avenues:

1. Arvest Bank: You can go into the location or mail a check to PO Box 1327 Fayetteville, AR 7270, make checks payable to Tucker Hill Memorial Fund or
2. Or please give online http://bitly.com/tuckerhill


Tucker is our joy. Jesus is our joy.
They are together and our hearts yearn for the day that we'll be with them both.


34 comments:

Stacy Furlow said...

My heart breaks for you, Nate and Amy, and the entire Hill and Carmack families. However, the faith being shown in the darkness is a light that draws others in, just like Tucker to do such a thing - to mirror Jesus.

His name on my patient schedule always ensured that my day would be filled with joy. I will look forward to a future appointment with one of my favorite patients.

Leslie said...

Love you, friend, and praying for y'all constantly.

Becca said...

Sav, I'm broken for you, Nathan and Amy, and all of Tucker's family and friends. I'm so grateful I knew him through you. And I'll always remember him in his sweet bowtie, lighting up that dressing room. I rubbed his little back and said, "Hi, Honey!" while I took in how handsome he was in the arms of his beautiful mommy. I'm imagining that same gorgeous face now "in His hands." Remember that- Cy's story of our boy in Heaven? "And now he's in His hands, Mama." I wonder if they're digging in the dirt and swinging at a big, shiny playground?

I love you and your family so much. I wish I could take the pain away, but for now I'll keep praying that God comforts you all in a way that only He could explain. And that He continues to use Tucker to draw people to Himself.

Unknown said...

Love you dearly. Praying for His comfort and understanding over you right now. Tuck is such joy. Your family is strong. Love yall.

Leah

Dixie Parker said...

Tucker was given to the most loving family I know to love and care for until God was ready to take him back. No one can truly understand the pain you and your family are feeling, but I do KNOW the faith that you all have, and that God will hold you in His loving arms and give you peace, as only He can. Rely on Him, rely on those who love you, and rely on each other to get through the days ahead. We love your family so much! Dixie, Jim, Jenni, and David Parker

Pam Phillips said...

I am so saddened for the family, I know how much he was loved as Deven and Kristen talked about him so fondly and hoped he would be the closest of cousins with their son as they grew up. Tucker was born on Deven's birthday and that made him even more special. I am praying and thinking of them daily.

AshleyBrueggemann said...

I'm deeply saddened. I only knew Tucker through words and pictures but those words and pictures told a great story of a son who brought happiness to an amazing family. With all my heart I know Tucker is alive and smiling with the Lord.

Sarah said...

I am so so sorry to hear this! I will be praying for you all!

ps. You look lovely in that wedding picture!

Nancy said...

Praying for your whole family tonight. That precious boy...my heart aches for you guys. Praise God that he is resting in the arms of Jesus.
I promise to keep praying....

twinkietotmom said...

Found you via Kelly's Korner. I cannot express my deepest condolences for you & your family, please know, Tucker's momma & daddy are getting lots of prayers from all over today!

MEGAN said...

I am so deeply sorry to hear about your son's death. Love & peace to you and your family!

Mrs. Shelton said...

I found you through Kelly's Korner blog. I am so sorry for your loss. What a blessing he was! Absoutely precious! I am amazed by your faith. Please know we are praying for you and your family.

Sarah Robbins said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a one year old and a newborn. I cannot imagine the devastation.

I'm sorry for the unkind comments above. People who have not lost someone do not realize the tremendous costs associated with losing a loved one. I know how much any little bit can help when you are unexpectedly faced with both the tragic loss of a dear person in addition to the burden of the expenses.

I hope people are able to generously help your family in this time of need. . .

Tiffany said...

This just breaks my heart. I am so, so sorry for the pain that your family is going through. What a testament to your faith this post is. Know that you are all in my prayers.

~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

dr g said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cory said...

There are no words for the loss of a child... my mama heart breaks along with you and your familys. Even as I type, the tears fall heavy. Lucky you, to be an Aunt. That is one joy I will never know, through blood anyway. Praying that you hold to your faith in He who holds you in the palm of His hand. {{HUGS}}

Erin said...

Love & prayers for you and your family. What a precious warrior!

a' la mode said...

Please know your sweet family is being prayed for around the country. As a mom, I cannot imagine the pain your family is going through, but I pray God wrap His arms around you all and give you peace. Tucker is dancing with Jesus today. Please do not give the unkind comment above any thought whatsoever. You are surrounded by love and prayers. xoxo Shelli from a' la mode

a' la mode said...

Dear Anonymous,
I pray God softens your heart.

Unknown said...

Prayers for you and your family (found you through Kelly's blog).

Ignore mean comments, there are so many more positive thoughts coming that cancel out the one mean one.

Taryn said...

So very sorry for your loss. He is a beautiful boy. I'm so glad you'll have your wedding pictures to remember him by. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Barbara said...

Came over from Kelly's Korner. As a mother and an aunt, this breaks my heart and I am praying for you and Tucker's parents. I know that I do not need to pray for Tucker since he is in Heaven and happy and peaceful with God, but of course I still will.

Anonymous: I am shocked that after reading about such a tragedy, you would make such vile comments. Did you stop to think that the parents will likely need months/years of counseling? And that they will also likely need weeks/months off from work to grieve the loss of their CHILD?!? I hope God softens your heart so you can refrain from make such thoughtless, hurtful comments.

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

So so sorry to hear about this. I just came to your blog from Kelly's Korner. This post brought tears to my eyes and grief to my heart. Praying for God's peace that passes all understanding. HE has not changed, HE remains faithful. Again, so terribly sorry for your loss.

Andrea xoxo

Molly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kara Lee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Counseling is not free, even with insurance. And ins typically has a limit of the sessions it covers per year. Bereavement leave is often only a few days and FMLA is only for companies over 50 employees. I think the point was that we don't know why they are asking for help, but considering they just lost their child and no money can bring him back, I'm certain it is not greed.

Anna Beth said...

Praying for this sweet family. To those of you attacking this poor girl about asking for money, I think you are wrong in doing so. It is for a memorial fund. Which I would imagine will be used to bless others in some way. Plus funerals and all that go along with them are very expensive. Most people want to know how they can help, by her posting the link, nobody has to ask. These are nice Christian people, I am sure they are not just looking for a hand out. Plus this girl and her family have just suffered a terrible loss, even if you think what she has done is tacky, keep it to yourself. When you face something like this, you are not thinking clearly, you are just surviving. You naysayers on the other hand are just plain rude.

A mother in texas said...

From all the ones that have seen annonymous remarks. I had one of my dearest friends lose a child at a young age. A memorial fund was also set up in his honor. Guess what happened - an absolutely wonderful scholarship fund was established and to date has given over 100,000.00 dollars to many graduating high school students for college. My point is DO NOT BE SO JUDGEMENTAL at a time like this or any other time. This type of grief can never be understood, explained or judged. Please just remember to pray for this young family and through prayers help them cope.

Anonymous said...

My sister attended the wedding where Tucker danced the night away as the honored ring bearer. She has five children that all joined in with Tucker to celebrate his auntie's happiest day. My sister said he was so adorable and was energetic and smiley- having the best time of his life. As an auntie to many beloved Nieces and nephews, I can't imagine loosing one. My heart goes out to tucker's precious family... I'd like to imagine this sweet boy dancing now before the King! Wow!

Savannah said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments and prayers. Please know that the information for giving was solely to friends and family who have asked to do so. Posting the information on my blog is the best avenue of communication and I do not have a wide range of followers thus I was never concerned about offending anyone. We are not greedy nor are we desperate for people to give us money. I would trade anything to have Tucker back.

Our hearts are broken, but we trust Jesus though His plans are so different than ours.

Hannah Elisabeth said...

praying for you and your families... this is so heartbreaking.

Laura Fine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura Fine said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! My heart breaks for you and your family. Praying for you all!

Ashley said...

I am soo sorry to read this devastating news!!! I will be praying your family!!!