Monday, March 8, 2010

happily ever after.

i love a good story.
i love listening about where people have been & where they're headed.

i've read a million miles in a thousand years three times over the last few months. i just can't get enough of the importance of your story. my story. our story.

i agree with donald miller's words:
"here's the truth about telling stories with your life. it's going to sound like a great idea, and you are going to get excited about it, and then when it comes time to do the work, you're not going to want to do it. it's like that with writing books, and it's like that with life. people love to have lived a great story, but few people like the work it takes to make it happen. but joy costs pain."

in other words, sometimes the happily ever after is hell. it's not always pretty or fun, but there are times when it will be. stories exemplify life & we were called to life. the good & the bad. the joy & the sorrow. the laughter & the tears.

i'm livin' a story.
i want to hear yours too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so true! I've been learning the importance of stories these past few years, and trying to remember that I'm living mine out every day, so I don't get discouraged or complacent where I'm at today.