Monday, November 16, 2009

oh, happy day!

this last week has been jammed packed!
class, clients, presenting at a conference, working at the pediatric clinic, birthday party, visit from a friend, and 24 hours in a convent with my friend ashley to fulfill a class project.

i know the last one probably threw you for a loop, it did me too. those twenty four hours were pretty unbelievable. ashley & i laughed a lot. the life of a nun is not one that i envy, but i did learn a lot from them.

-they love to play Wii
-they pray the majority of the day
-they love to serve people
-they are great card players
-education is super important to them and almost all of them have grad degrees
-they thought we were funny & it was probably a cultural experience for them to hang out with two twenty something evangelical girls
-they can now raise the roof & give knucks (i thought it was pretty beneficial to teach them that)
-they love to tell jokes
-cultural differences definitely exist, but they are still human
-i won't visit a convent probably ever again, but the experience was educational and the project is now done; oh and we gained 19 new friends.

the weeks ahead are bound to be just as busy as the last few, but also filled with all things holiday! i cannot even begin to describe the joy that i have for this reality. laughter with the family, shopping, a trip to NYC, movies, great food, parties, a completion of my second to last semester of graduate school, and lots of reunions with friends from all over the world!

this is ABSOLUTELY the most wonderful time of the year. got to go put on my scarf & gloves to head to lunch, it's cold & i LOVE it... oh, happy day! :)

4 comments:

Beth said...

Hi! I hopped over here from Kelly's Korner (maybe it's a little stalkerish, but I linked from the comment you left, ha.) and I think your blog is so cute! I don't often run across blogs from other 20 something Christian girls so it's kind of refreshing to read :)

Kelly’s Korner said...

I've been reading your blog to kind of get to know you and you are so cute!
I know you e-mailed me but I didn't get it so I'm sending you my address again so you can try again.
kellyskornerblog@gmail.com

Thank you again for today!!!!

Beck said...

Ok, I came here from Kelly's Corner to ask you something very important! WHERE did you get your cute grey dress/shirt that you were wearing in your photos with Kelly? I MUST have it! Love your blog, I will be checking back often (:

His Doorkeeper said...

Savannah, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you today!! I know the Lord had you in just the right place at the right time to help my daughter Kelly and my sweet granddaughter Harper out of a mother's nightmare!

You were so sweet to call the police and save the day!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Blessings in all you do!
Kelly's Mom,
Judy