Thursday, July 26, 2012

baby.


we are overwhelmed by all of the comments, texts, phone calls, and emails that each of you sent yesterday. THANK you! SO grateful for ways you celebrate with us!

throughout the last 27 years i have been reminded time and time again that my plans are not His and His story is way better than any story i could ever write. this pregnancy and this baby is no different. His plans are so much better than mine.

no we didn't 'plan' four months into marriage to get pregnant, but we also could not be more thankful and humbled by this gift. it brings me to tears thinking about it. someday i hope to find the words to be able to articulate the journey of the last eight years. nine surgeries, lots of medicines, and questions. through all of it, i never knew if getting pregnant would be a part of my story. i had some precious people who believed for me as i worked through the reality that there is not much in this life that i get to control though i want to. through some incredibly, godly people who walked with me i learned and have had to learn again that i have to hold dreams and plans loosely. that is not easy for a planner like me, but its true.  and so i sit here today so grateful and humbled.

i know what a gift this pregnancy is and i know that we serve a God who gives good things. we also have a God who takes and He is still good in that too. i do not understand the ways of God. i can't put Him in a box and assume that i will ever understand all that He does. i know so many women and families who try for years and are never able to get pregnant. so many women that i work with who their greatest dream is to be a mom and yet it seems that its a constant waiting game. it doesn't make sense to me and i just want these women and families to know that i grieve with you as you wait. i am overwhelmed by the fact that He would give to aaron and i. we do not deserve it, but we are so thankful.

thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your prayers and encouragement as we take on this adventure. your words have been so good for my soul and a reminder to me of the goodness of God. we would covet your prayers as we continue through this pregnancy and into parenthood.

we love you all. thanks for loving all three of us and journeying with us.

5 comments:

Lindy said...

Hi! My friend stumbled upon your blog and she told me I had to read it. In so many ways our stories are the same. In 2008 I married my best friend. Our ring bearer, who was my nephew, went home to be with Jesus just 5 days after our wedding...along with my sister who was my maid of honor and my niece who was our flower girl. We, too, got the worst phone call of our lives on our honeymoon saying they were killed in car accident caused by a drunk driver. We got a flight home from Hawaii the following morning. Longest. flight. of. my. life! I feel your pain as you talk about your wedding being the last time you saw your sweet nephew since it was the last time for me as well...my nephew was 3 and my niece was a week and a half shy of her first birthday. I feel your pain as I read how it is for you going to weddings and crying when the ring bearer comes down the isle...I, too, know that pain all too well. In November, it will be 4 years since I received that horrible phone call that forever changed my life. I still think about them every single day. Like you and your husband, we found out we were pregnant 4 months after our wedding. We welcomed our first son a year after our wedding....and our second son 20 months later. God really does have a sense of humor! Although, God's timing is so incredibly perfect. My boys certainly have not replaced their cousins one bit, but they have brought back some joy my family desperately needed. It breaks my heart every time I imagine the playdates my sister and I should be having. I wish so badly my boys would have known their aunt and cousins. But through it all, I've learned how important it is to cherish every single moment I have with my boys knowing all too well that tomorrow isn't promised to any of us. I long to see them again and I anticipate Christ's return so I can hold them in my arms again and my boys can finally meet their aunt and cousins. Anyways, sorry it's so long. It touched my heart to read your blog. I know we don't know each other, but know that I will be praying for you and your family as you continue through this year of firsts...I know how hard it is. I pray that your new baby will restore some joy that was lost. Life will never be normal again without your sweet Tucker...but life seems to bring a new normal. Memories that brought tears will turn to memories that bring smiles. Praying for you all....

Sarah said...

I saw that picture on Twitter and was so happy for you! I was wondering who would have the first Kelly's Korner SUYL singles baby! ;) So happy for you!! Ever since I read you met your husband the same way I met mine I like to pop over to your blog every now and then. I know this new baby won't ever replace Tucker, but I hope he/she is able to bring more healing than you thought possible!

Savannah said...

Lindy,

I cannot believe the similarities in our story. I would love to talk with you more sometime. Thanks so much for taking the time to share with me.

Sarah,

Thanks for your sweet words. I grieve that this baby will never know Tucker, but so thankful for how we'll get to tell the baby about him and he'll always be a part of our family. Thanks so much for following our story. Hope married life is great for you!

Katelyn said...

I found your blog from Kelly's and am so encouraged by it in so many ways. Marriage, pregnancy... and sweet Tucker. I lost my nephew just 2 weeks ago and it's comforting to know that I'm not weird because I can't talk, or write, or even text. I'm so excited for your pregnancy and may God bless you on this exciting journey!!

Meredith said...

I keep coming back to read this post and can't stop smiling. I am so thrilled for you and Aaron. :) You are going to be extraordinary parents and I know you will never take this pregnancy or child for granted. God is so good. I can't wait for our kiddos to be friends! We'll have to introduce them to Chili's and then sit & chat in the booth behind them for old times sake! :) Congrats again, I will be praying for a happy and healthy pregnancy.